Tuesday, October 18, 2011

idleness and paper







I am sitting in class.


Far below me the professor stands, hiding between the waves of heads. Her whole countenance exudes the way she feels about herself: power, superiority, and intellectuality that cannot be rivaled. The students she ventures to teach have since discovered the riveting difficulty and concentration needed to conquer a match between digital face cards, and logically based metal hardware. She has become a white noise. I can hear her only if I stop my mind of all thought and hold my breath.



“…once confederate currency became nearly worthless, did the confederate congress institute a graduated income tax similar to the Union’s expenses, they furnished on—“



I believe that I might’ve turned a lovely shade of purple, which most likely matched my eye shadow I painted today. So, either I can’t type very fast, or I can’t hold my breath very long. Either way, I got some pretty great looks from my surrounding peers as I gasped for air.



Fall break is coming up. It is for Thursday, and Friday. I am actually kind of excited.



I was at my parents’ house a few weeks ago, helping my Dad clean out the house. I discovered his old bike that was conceived into existence over 20 years ago. I have needed a bike for some time now. Since I moved into this new apartment, I have found the necessity make to cause for my midnight walks to become a more rare of an occurrence. Although having two jobs and much schooling plays a big role in the lack of creativity, my environment is the basis behind my lack of yearning to connect with the life energy on a more intimate level. The guys in my apartment have been harassing me since I moved in nearly three months ago. I try not to leave my bedroom unless I have some pressing engagement. I miss it. I sit out on my balcony sometimes and watch the wind waltz sensually with the trees. I get such an aching in my heart that leaves me with such sorrow when I know that my days of dancing among them have become a rarity. However, this new form of transportation – for my Dad told me I could keep it; I have to fix it up a little though – I can go anywhere I please in a fourth of the time.



I live near a lake. Not terribly near, but near enough to walk to (if you have an extra four hours in your day). I’ve fallen in love with the dock (that was shown to me by that new friend of mine), and intend to return again Thursday night.



I bought a sleeping bag. Yeah, you’ve guessed it. I am planning on spending the night on the beach. Its no ocean, but I’ll contain my maddening desires for earthly connections; at least for a few days. But the best news is, is that I now have a bike. And I intend to put miles on.



I can’t wait for the holiday, even though work is the dominant activity of my long weekend. I am still grateful for the slowing of the stem of relentless monotony.



Alright, time’s up.



Back to the real world.

~C

No comments:

Post a Comment