Monday, January 30, 2012

girl, you need to get out of this town.

I am ill today.

I couldn’t sleep last night, as usual. I had a massive headache, and my stomach was hurting terribly. When I was finally able to drift off, I shot up and out of my bed and into the bathroom where I began violently throwing up. I thought it was over but it wasn’t. I spent the night in my tub because the coolness of the smooth surface helped the ache in my body and keep the fever at bay.

I have been unable to leave my room all day. I feel rather useless actually, and cannot even reach over to open my blinds to see out my window. I haven’t been able to get out of bed, because with each attempt I am automatically overcome by a bout of nausea. The only thing I have been able to keep down is about a tablespoon of aloe-vera juice.

I caught this from my little sister. I went over to my parents house over the weekend, and took care of her because she was running a very high fever and throwing up everything. It got pretty scary at one point where I had to put her weak little body into a tub of ice water. It burned her tender skin, and she wasn’t even able to muster up enough strength to cry. Her illness has lasted about five days now, and is still ongoing. I hope that it doesn’t last that long for me. I have so much that I need to do.

So, I was thinking about what I could do to make myself feel a little useful, and I decided to post natural recipes for curing the flu (and other illnesses), that I would make myself if I had the strength.

Tea:
-1 tsp. bayberry bark
-1 half-inch licorice root
-1 tsp. grated ginger root
- pinch of cayenne powder
-1tbs of chamomile flowers
-1 tsp of finely chopped peppermint root
1 ½ cups of boiling water.

Let it steep for 30 minutes, strain, and add a little honey to sweeten it if you so desire. It’s easier on your stomach if it is cold (not frigid) so refrigerate until it is a little cooler than room temperature, and sip slowly. This is also a good recipe for clearing your sinuses.

Also, get several bowls of boiling water, and put a blanket over you and all of the water. Put a few drops of tea tree oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil, and eucalyptus oil into the hot water. This creates a sauna type thing that opens your pores and releases the toxins. If this is too difficult, go into the bathroom and blast the hottest water you can, putting it on the shower setting. Squeeze a towel underneath the door to keep the steam from escaping, and drop the oil into the running water. Sit in the bathroom until the hot water runs out.

I think that is all that I have for today. Sorry I don’t have any pictures. My camera is in my closet and I obviously can’t get up.

Have a good day!!!

~C

No comments:

Post a Comment