Sunday, February 12, 2012

it's a long way home.







I am empty. You are empty. We all are nothing but dark roads and white knuckles.



The whole world is a lifeless shell of catatonic mannequins, whose hollow faces mirror how my insides feel. I want to climb up, stand onto the platform with them and freeze; to never move, or smile, or laugh, or breathe again. But to just stop, and watch the world go by through a box of solid glass.



I am empty. You are empty. But I am aware of a beating heart inside cage of ribs. It weakly pounds its way out with painful words; until it falls from the hole it’s made and falls



Splat



To the ground. A fish out of water.



As if my grave wasn’t deep enough. Make it deeper with selfish intentions.



I am empty. You are empty.



But there is always hope in the dark.


I just haven’t found it yet.


~C

2 comments:

  1. I never meant to be selfish....
    goodbye...i guess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am empty. You are empty. But there is hope in the light. Where shadows fade and truth is found and God smiles down. For He sees it all. The good and the bad. The pain and the joy. He disapproves of our mistakes and gently asks us to be better.

    I am empty. You are empty. But someday we can be filled.

    ReplyDelete