Monday, November 26, 2012

just give me 'till then to give up this fight.

Love is a softly spoken word, 
That whispers to your soul. 
But to my ears is left unheard --
I cannot feel at all. 
I spin you tales of loss -- regret,
in hopes to bring you near.
Your fondness then becomes a threat,
I hide my mind in fear.
You were not who I thought you were, 
Nor I who I pretend. 
This brief affair was all a blur, 
perhaps is best to end. 
When in the dark I lie alone,
and think what could have been, 
if that one word could reach the bone
beneath my hardened skin. 
To you my lonesome heart is bound,
this love you must now seek.
For in a noose is tightly wound,
and raw and cold my cheek.

~

Beautiful days and beautiful nights. New experiences, new faces, new life. I seek to be better, I seek to find joy, I seek opportunities to serve.


1 Thessalonians 5:18.
I am thankful for so many things, but mostly, GOD. Without him I would have nothing else to be thankful for.

I am thankful for every break in my heart, every scar, for every page I ever turned, for every door I opened and braved, for all the bridges that I built and burned with pyromaniac enthusiasm, for tears from laughing too hard, or tears from hurting too much, for family, for yesterday, for today. For what is, what was, and what will be. 

I am thankful for you. 

~C

No comments:

Post a Comment