Sunday, August 28, 2011

war is not the answer; the answer is within you.










I did it.



I have traveled.



I went to the moon – fanatical ideas considered to be mad, made reality – and came back with alien eyes. I stumbled upon a land of dreamers and forgotten tales, with ambiguity written in painted smiles. I pushed myself through the looking glass, only to find just how small I was in comparison to God’s furniture.



Museums: bursting with the screams of the dead, filling your mind with their cries – their sacrifices. I saw the art of those of such skill, such intellect and power as to have their work preserved in reverence as their only lasting memory in time. Haunting the shadowed hallways of my mind.



I was in a hurricane – and learned how to swim whilst on solid ground. I was in an earthquake – where I learned just how human the faceless people around me are. I was in a lightning storm – where it was chased; and defeated by closed eyelids.



What a wonderful week.



School starts tomorrow. I continue my quest for employment with no luck thus far.



But ah, what a life. To wake with sun melting like butter on my face, and a day filled with opportunity and promise. The air swirls around me, wrapping me in its playful embrace. The new day is not a start of yet another rising sun, but a continuance of this story that you are writing in your mind. It will never end.



Let it not end without adventure, true love, bravery, honor, and the occasional sword fight.


~C

No comments:

Post a Comment